£6million grant programme, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
SCORE funding is available to support small and medium-sized businesses developing new technologies, processes and ideas which have an impact in lowering costs and increasing efficiencies in the East of England’s offshore renewables industry.
Grants projects have included: a new radio network; fenders for wind farm support vessels; offshore paramedic-technicians and a new type of generator.
Companies applying should have fewer than 250 employees and assets of less than 50 million euros.
They are available for up to 40% of eligible costs or £50,000, whichever is the lower, with a minimum grant of £2,500. Start-up and established companies in the four counties – Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex – may apply.
- Acquiring equipment or services to provide additional production capacity to exploit innovation.
- Developing alternative uses and markets for
- Investigating the technological and commercial viability of transforming innovative ideas into new products, processes and technologies.
- Researching the development of new products or technologies, or significant improvements to existing ones.
- Implementing the results of industrial research, including the creation of pre-production prototypes.
- Assisting with the exploitation costs of new products or processes, including marketing, publicity and attendance at trade fairs.
For development of innovative technologies and solutions in offshore renewable energy.
Grants available from £2,500 to £50,000 for up to 40% of eligible costs.
Companies must be based in England, with the ‘economic benefits’ being primarily in Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
You should have fewer than 250 employees. Less than €50million in assets.